Welcome to BroomeQuest!
BroomeQuest is a fun, family oriented scavenger hunt to learn about the great things in Broome County, NY. There are about 25 BroomeQuests, but check back periodically to see if any new ones have been added. Each BroomeQuest is about a 1-2 mile hike that take about an hour round trip. Some are a little shorter and some are a little longer, but plan on close to an hour, or longer if you linger and enjoy more than just the BroomeQuest at these great Broome County parks!
To do a BroomeQuest:
- Get an inkpad and something to sign with – either a pen, a rubber stamp that represents you, or even a thumbprint!
- Get a brochure for one of the BroomeQuests on this blog
- Go to the place that the BroomeQuest is about
- Read the nature and historical information
- Follow the clue to the BroomeQuest
- Once you find the hidden BroomeQuest, stamp the stamp you find in the box into the brochure using your inkpad
- Stamp your stamp or fingerprint into the logbook that is in the BroomeQuest to show that you were there
- Leave the BroomeQuest the way you found it (leave the stamp and logbook in the box and rehide it)